cermaic metal halides *or other hid systems

TheCanNabisCat

Credits
other than led obv, anyone else still rock cmh or other hid, i made a long post about this baked and then made it a draft and can't find it and it was really concise too, but like don't feel like typing a ton again, so like yeah single and esp DOUBLE ended cmh lights, or double ended hps, hey it has 2.2umols and a kw of f*** for under 200usd- so i mean eventually leds will be cheap as that but untill then - i got a china cookie cutter fixture kit and bulbs ect for around 98usd a kit and got one to compare to two unnamed china brand leds (*275w from wall IR - good actually for a 155usd led when i got it 2 years ago) as main flower (they were over 18" long and 6" wide so i wanted to do a 4 unit spread but couldnt fit well without bashing into eachohter if the fan kicked up or down a lot
undecided.png

well i did find it- but it pulls up as just a blank page, i think im just gunna in the future do a .txt predraft and when ready copy and paste it with pics, so i can get it to actually work right lol, tho for the record you are right, that is where i found it!

I was a ride or die HPS user for a long time. If it wasn't for the power, I would still be using them. I can run a Scorpion R-Spec 650 watt light and do as well as 1000 watts of HID power. The LED lights I use are not cheap. Really expensive might be a better way to put it.

If purchase price is a problem go with HID. They are by far the best light you can get for under 200 dollars. 600 watt HPS lights used to be the most efficient HID light. The weed grown with a HID light is going to be better and produce more than a cheap LED light.

Jackalope said:
I was a ride or die HPS user for a long time. If it wasn't for the power, I would still be using them. I can run a Scorpion R-Spec 650 watt light and do as well as 1000 watts of HID power. The LED lights I use are not cheap. Really expensive might be a better way to put it.

If purchase price is a problem go with HID. They are by far the best light you can get for under 200 dollars. 600 watt HPS lights used to be the most efficient HID light. The weed grown with a HID light is going to be better and produce more than a cheap LED

-YOU SAID ITTTT

noticed that the half of the plant under uv-a/B/c flower power is twice=three times larger denser and looks like someone spilled cocaine on it lol, damn, but same t12 with cheap led or even other lm301 (B) cant ever afford h $ or more a watt smdh lol ,

thinking if they can do supp UV , SUPP FAR REDS? - osram may have 780, 800nm leds? or a custom gas blend of mostly 600-800nm light - boosts the fuck out of flower id betttt on that once you get the terps in your smoke from HID can't go back to led - tho jack if it's not too much trouble think you could dm/pm what led you use (as someone who uses also HID i assume your led is pretty close in spectrum?) - idk i always noticed everything but the GG4 and SR had ZERO stink in flower really, to the point i hardly needed a filter, HID - HOLLLLY FUUUU, two filter exhaust into the house out A THIRD FILTER- to clear all dank from air ahah, damn, those FAR RED wavelengths i swear have to boost terps, i mean so does uv apparently? and it also has good uv down to low B even, so spectrum is fucking lit pun intended, now to get some MADE IN USA ceramic metal haldide kits i wanted to get cheap "entry level" and other than potential fire risk form the POS bulbs eh the ballasts ill bang with better bulbs prolly or save as a backup- , electronics i read fail at like 20k or 50k, the second at least i get 1.6-1.8 bulbs out of it? feels like it should last eh 100k hours to be useful? i MISS MAGNETIC never OWNED one of those heavy fuckers but had to use plently of 400-600w MH supp lighting , guess cmh was out of budget in 2013 lol?

i really remember 2013 as the year of the cookies and the first year i eeever saw a blurple grow and just said oh good lord...... well got on the "led hype train" yes TOP END LEDS SLAP, but fuck anything lm301b or less, and like 200 or less fixures i mean 180usd is not cheap for 200w led imo but it is, fuuuck that, i mean honestly annoying cmh fucked up as like expected it to in first 30/50 days and like 60-70 it failed threw me off a bit, i mean like as far as vegging, saved the ladies with leds but eh , need that ceramic back up soon, x3 exact amout of btu for heating 73-75f , perfect

WHAT UH THIRD EDIT SORRY , looked into HLG SCORPION jesus christ its a small car payment, BUUUUT it does slap all the way to 780nm, i wonder if 780-800nm is AS IMPORTANT i noticed most or all leds drop at 730nm - yours SPIKES and hits high at 740s-780s idk how IR affects plants other than causing stretch and increased vigour, as far as affecting terps , seems hid (cmh AND ESP CMH + UV) would kick highest terps and second or lowest yeilds 630w real power vs higher power led, vs 1kw DE HPS - say what ya will thing is the "GOLDEN standard for a REASON, eh maybe its .5g/watt for cheap ones but ay, 600 of those bitches and 300/gs even if cmh is 1/g=w , 315- 630 HPS actually beats it by 30w lmfao , WELL THAT IS SE yeild ALSO - WORTH NOTING - may just say FUCK IT , and see if i can find a 600w DOUBLE ENDED 2.2u/mol HPS , eh i already push 630 +110 ballasts , so honestly i would run cmh warmer and HPS in deep winter , i just like i said am streched SO thin on supply right now, half my gear went up so have to still replace that shit sigh, the universe does not want me getting a spare 1-200 *(AT LEAST) to ball on some seed packs been trying to since i saw a lot of DAAAANK CUTS , oooooh, - i do wonder tho about also cheap ballast - sine wave at 1ghz plus rfi , a well made led not plugged right into main in the wall usually is okay for rfi , but you would be suprised also weird flex 2/3 failed am test but one (got a free replacement as the impeller fan fucking died 2nd week eh it is 3/4 fans its fine but i bitched got a free one, looks brighter , same looking diodes but no rfi and runs 10w LESS on power meter, and weirdest shit idk if its the shitty led drivers or what but i ran a 315w + 55w BALLAST , and like tried a 275w and then hit just veg so 60-80w , i mean sure its like 10-20w more power but fuck if these leds always blow the goddamn line all the time, cmh i can push a near kw of the bitch no problem, my guess is the ballasts vs drivers? all ik is led does nooot play nice with ac-dc-dc-ac power lol a biiit amp limited as i had to makea split unit out of a really powerful 14kbtu dual fan hvac system, got it down past freezeing working , coil defrost works, ha if i get better at this shit i will just like sell actual like portables that have extra 6'- can adapt to 4, or up to 8 seems 6 is good universal , yeah up to 4 ports for air exhange and ideally an ec motor can direct and exhaust the stale air straight up, then fresh air is brought in heated or cooled and then kept between 40-60rh at all times , - this thing i made holy fuuuuck the girls DOUBLED overnight(s) like the last week they are just hulking and so sparkley, (constant air exchange - extactor fans are "connected" haha to hvac , keeps coils from freezing easier and gets rid of co2-less air and pulling in outdoor fresh air all the time ik the ppm is at LEAST 400, idk if higher elevation has more or less co2 i get dizzy affff so maybe more co2 ik less o2 so SOMETHING is in the air lmao, would make sense why i could run like 3 x 200w leds a foot from the sr and it could drink a qt a week of flower lol, they get as much fresh air as an outdoor plant with the system i made *(for now) it is still not super great and the dampener is a dampener not stopper need to upgrade if temps get below 0F lmao , automated temp sensor louver im thinking , yeah would love to like "teach" , making a cheap and effective grow tent is as fuckin easy as -tent, cmh , fabric pots, coir and or soil , seeds, bam your growin , oh and power for the shit , heatmat doesnt hurt imo , lol but yeah despite startup costs lower than 2-300 even seems to deter a lot, and also while cannabis is by no means easy - not referring to breeding at alll but growing IM HORRIBLE at gardening and i got the hang of it (relatively lol) , but yeah like would like to help teach i am all about "power to the people" instead of like selling something heres how to make it: "XXXXX" ,
openly post all info and gentics -environmental or other changes keep well made logs of sr-71 , koko#1 and her half-sister hex, i want to make a whole family as sr-71 is to fire a mixer to not throw in your drink , 5-6week flower with HIGH YEILDS, plus landrace only still and well over 20% thc and terps are crazy CAN't WAIT - saved a bag of led GG4, and sr-71 ik its OLDER by like half a year mkay but still a potency not taste comparision giving a slight handicap due to aging - tho i have smoked some it WORKS FINE imo last time a few days ago lol, yeah i wish i could like get an exact percentage of each terpene level it would really help medically as they all treat diff stuff lol but i now now its the TERPENES that make the strain or break the strain , thc imo after 15 esp 20% is irreverent more or less also even if its less yeild ill always take quality over quantity i cant speak on exact amounts obv but its waaay better than the plu-blurple leds (2 x 315w basic bitch ballast and susss bulbs - i mean they bang and the ladies love em just annoying and like wild to have to check their arc light when they start but eh better safe than sorry and if i have to deal with a few things like that and waiting about 15min between starts eh small price to pay - the test i see are also always with a 4200k bulb - those are for VEEEG lmfao , and others are 3100k, 3000k , then 3000k + FAR RED IR , it looks like well less blue and even the lump the same all the way to 800nm it is amazing from seedling, cutting rooting, germination, vegetation AND FLOWERING, same damn bulb a true all in one (plants may strech more due to higher red in vegging but not hps levels or anything lol , i do wish they made a HYBRID system - LEDS around a DE (or if its cursed 2-4 SE ceramic metal halide bulbs - 2 pontoons for 4ft uv tubes , SUPP FAR RED IR DIODES , i mean like there is no "all in one TRUE full spectrum i mean down to beg of uv-c all the way to ir 800nm , even cmh taps off in low-b , tho i imagine a DIFFERENT GLASS , idk down to eh 260nm- thinking outloud and steal it idc just give me a free unit then :p lol, wondering if i can get a glass custom, inner jacket bespoke cmh that does uv, - would have to figure out what it is for 4 hours then divide by 3? in theory its that simple but it never is , all ik is that uv-b at 5% and 4ft or more away i guess inverse square law- i hate molds and mildews and before cmh and that uv i got everything bad at like 63rh lol - i mean i ran flower up to 70rh fine with cmh veg 68-69rh fine , tho idk i yeild way less with higher rh - think plants drink less and fucks up the coco coir nuke em with nutes method i noticed between 45rh constant and FRESH AIR in , these ladies stopped showing stress signs drink an unholy amount of P and K lol and are hulking up ,

i just like yeah wish they made affordable leds equivalent to like the scorpion ngl if it wasnt near a grand i would have jumped on it just to test it against the 800nm see if the 20 is needed - i wonder what if any diff it makes and if so i noticed MANY bulbs eg phillips cut off at 780nm, so hmmm lot to think about and maybe hlg has a sale or something , this is the first led i havent puked looking at the spectrum tbh lol sorry my ocd is like the worst

Back