led reccomandations- if it can hit 780nm im listening lol

i think the main take away is HID LED ECT you geeeet what you pay for eg those "sub 200 boards" , eh okay when starting out but quickly realize coverage, penetration isn't as good as you feel it could be - , The "BINNING is probably siginficant, if its anything like the "silicon lottery"- that can explain why , also the "quantum pannel" - SUCH even good coverage , - the Combo seems to be working perfectly , getting better results with the RSPECFR+ CMH HID, then 2 of the HID alone (stretch was unholy even with like 8" plants) - and i would forget they are NOT leds - like they will burn the SHIT out of stuff lol, but hey i had a small learning curve with em and i learned - hand HIGH and as CLOSE to the extractor as possible works like a "cool tube" - while giving off enough heat to run eh 3-5F above ambient depending on extractor speed,

the led running just 280-W , is interesting - the led (B or just call em basic boards , sure there are good b diodes just tried cheap ones till i learned more aha)

it doesn't get colder than ambeint (a problem i had and was odd - if it super cold outside it would run -2-10F under ambient lights on and then lower lights off the the point i had a Y split space heater intake - waste of SO MUCH POWER - in the winter just bang a CMH - free dehumdifer even the 3000K IR can veg and does actually super well for cuttings - like better than i expected honestly , it has some good niche uses

the reason i get why it is not the best "main light" is just / simple science/ = it is capped to 315w for some reason (IDK - saw OG mogul CMH at 400w , DE 630w even an odd "500w" single ended - but the u/mols for single ended cap at 1.9 - and so like

an H series led can have from 2.2-3.2 u/mols ranging but its usually double at least - add in boards MUCH HIGHER than 315w ]

the PPF - the 315w @1.9 just cannot bang hard enough and i found using two hoods does NOT work the way you would think (double PPF) -

you need 1 of 2 ways imo to get good light and either

POWERFUL HID

a single HEAVY LED _5/700W+ or kw DE hps at 2.2 umol - 2.1/2.2 can be hit and at 1kw is not bad esp since they are 50-80usd rn on a lot of sites ngl would and will try one when i have the time power ect - they make cool hoods for it so could be cool for a closed co2 grow ect- but now im rambling sigh trying to get better about that yeah

a single heavy light source- but with led you can cheat kinda, and imo multi boards can WORK - esp if your broke af most of the time like me, and can just keep getting board by board and tbh yes am LOVING The hlg+CMH HID combo , - tho in summer will deff be doing 2x hlg if anything for heat - HID IS NOT YOUR FRIEND IN THE SUMMER i learned after a small fire and bad bulb haha-

i mean like i stated at the top "you get what you pay for" - board doesn't have fancy RJ control or other "smart features" ect okay cool, just use it like and HID with a timer esp a wifi one is really just as good *(can set timer and control remote ect, so eh) - doesn't have bells and whistles but does what it is supposed to do and HULK out anything under it which again - it covers the WHOLE 4x4 pretty damn well, i would say after using cmh for a bit THIS BOARD - closest thing to it imo and possibly the best version of it? - the far reds can turn on you i noticed with two hoods, i really like the light aspect of cannabis in general and as i learn more and good leds are way more affordable getting to see some cool stuff and trying different setups , both cmh in general love still and will use for just sup flower and or vegging for sure- , and these leds as well for flowering damn it is just doing the job so well - also it doesn't hurt the FUCK Out of my eyes the way it blasts down the thing i DO hate about the adjustable cmh hood is it does blast a good bit of fuckin light out of the sides and like OW. so refreshing as fuck not to like have my arm over my face as i open a tent lol - and i will say BIOMASS - LED hands down, and for terps am going to try this LED+cmh - then the same strains under 2 led, and will see diff in taste smell terps biomass ect - i have no like preference other than what makes the best "gas" and i aim to find out (tho tbh id always use at least 1 or more cmh in a winter grow unless it had like perfect temp control as it is great when it gets fuckin below 0F lmao they are great for keep heat in the grow and just banging a ton of basically sunlight onto a plant - and yeah this "260w rspecFR"- equipotent in light coverage spread penetration and superior biomass- with good but not too much stretch i do like that so far and when the sr is done will compare - from old leds - to cmh - to cmh+led the "smoke profile/effects" , i am assuming its going to be great and pretty excited - again i hope all this info can help others out if i HAD SEEN all this and learned about "emerson effect + far reds , ect" - could have avoided a lot of headaches just running this setup in the first place or something simmilar again no bad boards really imo that were listed just this spectrum is so good , imo equipotent to a single cmh hood and or more powerful and the far reds are the like "perfect amount" - more vigour biomass in buds ect and i notice higher terps more smell/better taste - thats what it is really about and like ik medium and OFC ENVIORNMENT are cruical as well but lighting is an ART with cannabis i have learned haha

Back